Our new feature is dedicated to another sick GM muscle car from the late 2000s that made 4-door sedans fun long before the Hellcat arrival. Being produced between 2007 and 2009, a Pontiac G8 became the last performance sedan of this iconic car brand before it was discontinued by GM.
Despite the limited sales numbers, this model became pretty popular among the performance car fans who needed the power of a V8 muscle car and the convenience of a 4-door sedan.
Unlike the Pontiac nameplate, the car itself has an Australian descent and shares the body and motors with Holden Commodore. It was produced by the Australian division of General Motors and imported into the US by sea, and has everything that we love and appreciate about the good old American muscle cars.
“It was produced by the Australian division of General Motors and imported into the US by sea”
The G8 GT version was equipped with a 6.0L Generation IV L76 V8 engine and 6-speed 6L80 automatic transmission to provide plenty of torque to the rear wheels. Even though it provided pretty good performance in the stock form, the owner decided to enhance it with further performance upgrades (see specs for more information).
“The G8 GT version was equipped with a 6.0L Generation IV L76 V8 engine and 6-speed 6L80 automatic transmission”
“This clean white Pontiac G8 GT is owned and modified by Channon Spencer who was kind enough to tell us a few words about the mods and share his impressive spec list.”
The car looks exceptionally clean in white color with black exterior accents. It sits on black 20” Camaro Z28 style custom wheels.
“The car looks exceptionally clean in white color with black exterior accents. It sits on black 20” Z28 style custom wheels.”
On the back, Channon decided to install a stylish wicker bill spoiler by Automotive Aerodynamics and SAVAG8 DESIGNS rear diffusers, handmade from aircraft-grade aluminum.
SPECS – PONTIAC G8 GT L76 V8
– 20” Z28 replica wheels
– Nexen tires 245/30/20 front and 275/30/20 rear
– MAGG Performance G8 ZL1 Style Carbon Fiber hood
– Crazythegod headlights
– Maverick Man Carbon LED taillights
– Carbon fiber splitters
– GXP front end
– Automotive Aerodynamics wicker bill spoiler
– SAVAG8 DESIGNS rear diffusers (Handmade from aircraft grade aluminum)
– L76 freshened up with king racing bearings
– Texas speed stage 3 ls3 camshaft
– BTR dual valve springs
– Morel lifters
– CHE trunion upgrade and all supporting parts for cam swap
– 3 angle valve job
– Heads milled. 020
– Ported intake manifold
– Ported throttle body
– Upgraded injectors
– Upgraded zl1 fuel pump with e85 flex fuel conversion
– 3600 billet stall
– Stock 6l80e
– Tru cool 40k trans cooler
– 3.27 differential from a Camaro ss
– Large brake upgrade
Main photo: 📸 @nickdennisphoto
Related Parts & Mods🛒
– Inspired by this Pontiac G8 build and looking to modify your own G8/SS in a similar way? You may want to check out the following parts selected by our team:
- Style Carbon Fiber Side Skirts
- Carbon Fiber ROOF Trim (2pc)
- Pontiac G8 GT GXP Front/Rear Arrowhead Kit BLACK
- K&N Cold Air Intake Kit 2008-2009 Pontiac G8, 6.0/6.2 V8, 63-3071 (also for Chevy SS)
- JBA 1-3/4″ Shorty Stainless Headers for Pontiac G8 6.0L 08-09
- DiabloSport inTune i3
- >Power Stop K5529-26 Front Z26 Carbon Fiber Brake Pads with Drilled & Slotted Rotors
- BAER Performance Brake kits – (High performance)
Stay tuned for more project reviews on MuscleCarDNA.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer with more than 10 years of experience. Specialized in aftermarket parts and performance modifications. Loves everything on four wheels and obsessed with modified muscle cars, both classic and modern.