The Ford Mustang is one of the most recognizable and popular cars in the world. It’s a true icon, with a massive fan base and a rich history. Over the years, Mustang fans have accumulated a wealth of knowledge about how to improve and modify these cars.
While most fans follow the traditional approach, there are some who dare to be different and look for new ways to build their dream Mustang.
One great example is this 2001 Ford Mustang GT convertible owned by Junior Garcia, from Monrovia, CA. It is outfitted with a custom wide body kit, air suspension and staggered Rennen Forged deep dish wheels sized 20×11 up front and 20×14 on the back.
“It’s a truly unique build that is sure to turn heads and annoy purists. If you’re tired of seeing the same parts on every other New Edge build and looking for something that stands out, you will definitely appreciate this project”.
How did you get into the muscle car scene?
– Been owning Mustangs and ford trucks for a while now.
Why did you choose a New Edge for your project?
– Just wanted a daily driver and ended up going a bit overboard modding it. Lol.
What inspired you to choose this modification style?
– Myself. I don’t like cookie-cutter builds. I like to be different.
What challenges did you face while putting it together?
– Got a lot of hate from the Mustang community as I was not building a traditional build.
What do you love about your car?
– It’s unique.
Specs: 2000 Ford Mustang GT 2V Convertible
Engine & performance
- 4.6L 2 valve
- Paxton Supercharger
- Forged internals
- Trickflow intake manifold
- Air to Air intercooler
- JLT Performance Oil separators
- Shorty headers
- Mac Performance X pipe with full Mac cat back exhaust
- Built 45 trans
- Custom Air ride suspension
- Bilstein shocks
- Rennen Forged MV15 rims 20×11 front and 20×14 rear wheels, Step lip triple chrome. Satin black centers
- Spiked lug nuts
- Toyo Tires T1R tires 275-30-20 front and 345-25-20 rears
- Maier Racing fender flares
- CHP theme wrap
- Carbon fiber hood
- Carbon fiber trunk
- Carbon fiber side skirts
- Carbon fiber side splitters
- Carbon fiber front splitter
- Carbon fiber side scoops
- Carbon fiber fog light bezels.
- Carbon fiber cowl panel
- Custom roll bar made by Justin Pawlak.
- Battle Aero chassis mount wing.
- Real CHP door decals
- Full lights and sirens 🚨
- Push bar
- Carbon fiber A pillars
- Carbon fiber gauge cluster
- Carbon fiber gauge insert
- Carbon fiber shifter bezel
- Carbon fiber radio bezel
- Carbon fiber door pulls
- Carbon fiber door cups
- Carbon fiber arm rest
- Cipher Auto seats
- NRG steering wheel
- Racing harnesses
- Police scanner
- The Interior was dark grey and light grey, and swapped out for a 03 cobra Interior.
- Custom trunk setup with custom box with two 12 inch subs and amp rack wrapped in black suede.
What are your future plans for this car?
– I am going to get it wrapped in all white to do a Polar bear CHP theme. Powdercoat my wheel centers white.
Anything else you would like to share about modifying cars in general?
– Build your car to your liking and don’t worry about what other people have to say. You’re the one driving it at the end of the day.
Stay tuned for more project reviews on MuscleCarDNA.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer with more than 10 years of experience. Specialized in aftermarket parts and performance modifications. Loves everything on four wheels and obsessed with modified muscle cars, both classic and modern.