We often inherit the passion for some hobbies, sports, or other activities from our parents, and our passion for cars, is certainly no exception. Growing up among his dad’s old-school muscle cars, Travis from Alabama had no chance to resist this awesome hobby and one day became an owner of this super clean 2007 Ford Mustang GT.
The S197 Ford Mustang was introduced in 2004 and influenced the design key for all modern generations of the model. Unlike the SN95 it was inspired by the original Mustang Fastback of the 60s and combined everything we love about the old-school muscle cars.
Even though the car looks very nice in the stock form, Travis decided to add a couple of personal touches to its exterior, such as a custom rear spoiler, CDC chin spoiler, and Stanglights custom black housing turn signals. It sits low on a set of staggered 20×9 and 20×10.5 Verde Axis V99 rims. To eliminate the wheel gap and lower the car he installed a set of Eibach Sportline lowering springs.
“But don’t be fooled by the “almost stock” appearance of this GT build”
But don’t be fooled by the “almost stock” appearance of this Mustang GT build. Under the hood, it’s hiding a 2.3L Whipple supercharger, upgraded injectors, tuned by lito, shorty exhaust headers, offroad x-Pipe, MBPR muffler delete, and other upgrades.
– My dad always had old school muscle cars while i was growing up.
Why did you choose a Ford Mustang GT?
– Just happened to find it on Facebook market place and been into mustangs ever since. I love a ton of other cars too
What inspired you to choose this modification style?
– Just everything i chose caught my eye. Building it to how i like
– Just difficulties with installs of the parts i bought. I’m by no means a mechanic so it was a challenge to install some things.
What do you love about your car?
– I love that I built most of it myself, great car to drive and I feel at home when I’m driving it. Couldn’t be happier, it’s not perfect but it’s mine.
– Weekend car
Do you take it to local car shows or a race track?
– Sometimes local car shows if I can make it!
- 4.6L V8, 2.3L Whipple supercharger
- Shorty headers
- Offroad x pipe
- MBRP muffler delete
- Upgraded injectors, Tuned by lito.
- Eibach sportline lowering springs
- 20×9 and 20×10.5 Verde axis v99
- Custom spoiler
- CDC chin spoiler
- Stanglights custom black housing turn signals
- DynaPerformance carbon fiber overlays on the interior
What are your future plans about this car?
– Mainly cosmetics, bags, hood, rear diffuser, side splitters, front splitter, etc.
Stay tuned for more project reviews on MuscleCarDNA.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer with more than 10 years of experience. Specialized in aftermarket parts and performance modifications. Loves everything on four wheels and obsessed with modified muscle cars, both classic and modern.