New Edge Ford Mustang With Wide Body Fender Flares and Custom Aero
Our today’s feature is dedicated to a very special New Edge Mustang build, that was put together by a big fan and enthusiast of this model in his own garage. The care and dedication that went into this build is evident from the first glance.
It started life as a black GT, but was later DIY painted by the owner in bright red color, which created a perfect styling base for further exterior upgrads.
Unlike many SN95 projects, this build features a more aggressive track-inspired styling with a low and wide stance and custom wide-body aero. If you take a closer look at the exterior of the car you will find a lot of unique solutions inspired by the world of motorsports tastefully combined with more common New Edge upgrades.
The front 03-04 Cobra bumper was further enhanced with a black custom grille, center-mount LED lightbar, racing-style cut-outs and a cool custom fabricated lip.
“So, my take was a hybrid of the Magicdrift lip and Carters Customs race splitter with a couple extension pieces for a slightly deeper lip in the front but not as deep as the race lip. This also gave me the proper rod angle and positioning – I really liked how @rebellious_mach did his and I wanted to do something similar but four rods instead! I also cut out the two vertical beams that is usually inside the bottom valance opening (where the light bar is). Definitely opened up the bottom half!”
Other major exterior upgrades include the custom hood with the scoop, side skirts, rear diffuser, cobra wing with a wickerbill, C2 Carter’s Customs rear diffuser, rear window louvers and of course a set of custom fender flares that cover wide 18×11 Cosmis Racing XT206r wheels all around.
Another striking detail is the set of custom projector headlights with black internals and HEX LED DRLs that add some sort of syber-punkish character to the look of this Mustang. Blacked-out LED taillights continue the theme on the back of the car.
- Custom paint
- Custom Front lip and wickerbill wing designs
- Rear Diffuser by Carters Customs
- Rear Louvers by Ikonmotorsports
- Custom HEX Headlights with remote
- K2 Motor custom taillights
- Widebody kit with (4) 18×11 Cosmis Racing XT206r wheels
- 315x30x18 Falken Tires
- Eibach suspension
- SLP LM1s exhaust, stock cats
- K&N air intake
- American Muscle accessories
All of these modifications help to give this Ford Mustang SN95 New Edge build a truly unique and aggressive look that is sure to turn heads wherever it goes. If you’re a fan of the New Edge Mustang, or just cars in general, this build is definitely worth taking a look at. It’s amazing what can be done with a little bit of ingenuity and some hard work in the garage.
Watch the progress and find out more about this Ford Mustang project by visiting the Instagram profile of the owner: @krimzon_dynamo!
Related Parts & Mods🛒
– This New Edge build shows that a creative approach to universal parts can bring you a pretty unique result if you choose them wisely and do some cutting. Here are some universal aftermarket lips, spoilers and splitters that you can consider using on your car to achieve similar styling.
Bumper Lip + Add-ons
- IKON MOTORSPORTS, Unadjustable Front Bumper Lip (3pc)
- Carbon Fiber Universal Front Bumper Lip (3PC)
- IKON MOTORSPORTS Lower Fender/chin spoiler add-ons (2pc)
- Aidelan 4pcs Bumper Fins / Canards
Front Bumper Splitter
Bumper LED light bar
- Universal 20″ LED Light bar (With brackets)
Wide Fender Flares
Stay tuned for more project reviews on MuscleCarDNA.com – Follow us on social media, and share this write-up if you enjoyed reading it!
Automotive journalist and technical writer with more than 10 years of experience. Specialized in aftermarket parts and performance modifications. Loves everything on four wheels and obsessed with modified muscle cars, both classic and modern.